Root Canal Treatment
You bite down and–ouch!–you feel a sharp pain in a tooth. This could mean a bacterial infection has entered the tooth's internal pulp.
Root canal treatment performed by Grant Heller, DDS, in Victoria, TX, can clean out the infection and save the tooth from being extracted.
How can Dr. Heller use his background in dentistry to perform a gentle, virtually painless root canal and save my tooth from extraction?
Why Would I Need a Root Canal Procedure?
- Sometimes, bacteria can enter the inside of a tooth through a crack, break, or cavity. This infection can severely damage the pulp, blood vessels, and nerves that exist within an area of the tooth called the root canal, weakening its structure.
- The infection can cause a wide variety of dental problems, which could result in Dr. Heller recommending an extraction. If antibiotics do not clear up the infection, a root canal procedure, often simply referred to as a "root canal," may be needed.
Let's look at how root canal treatment performed by our skilled dentist removes infected pulp and prevents other, more serious dental issues.
What a Root Canal Looks Like
Root Canal Treatment Looks Painful Does It Hurt?
Many root canal patients compare the procedure to having a dental filling placed. In fact, a study published in the International Endodontic Journal states that 54 percent of patients who had a root canal felt no pain whatsoever.
Dr. Heller is a caring, patient-friendly dentist who combines state-of-the-art diagnostic technology, gentle techniques, and effective local anesthetic to make your root canal virtually pain-free. To learn more, contact our Victoria, TX, dentistry office today using our online form.
"The process was surprisingly painless." Hear from Our Victoria Patients
Very professional. I showed up at his office in extreme pain and after haven't had any pain since. The process was surprising painless, too. I'm very grateful and would recommend him to anyone.View On Google
The entire staff was courteous and hospitable. They employ a nice feature where you can get texts reminding you of an appointment that is very handy. Would recommend.View On Google
What If I Don't See a Dentist for a Root Canal?
- A painful abscess could form at the root of the tooth.
- The infection in the root canal could spread to other teeth, as well as your gums, blood, and brain.
- Bone loss at the bottom of the tooth could occur.
- The infected tooth may need to be pulled and replaced with a bridge or a dental implant-supported restoration.
Why Dr. Heller Should Perform Your Root Canal
Patients Are Like Family
Our dental team treats patients of all ages with compassion and respect, providing them with the highest level of care.
Dr. Heller, a born and raised Texan, has been providing superior dental care to patients since 2014.
Dr. Heller can use advanced CEREC® technology to create a beautiful, top-quality same-day crown during your root canal visit. So relax while your restoration is being milled by our in-house CEREC machine. No need for a second appointment.
Dr. Heller has the training to expertly perform your root canal, meaning you don't need to see an outside endodontist. This can save time as well as money, as an endodontist may charge 50 percent more than Dr. Heller.
Are Root Canals Affordable?
Plans differ, but insurance should cover at least a portion of your treatment. If out-of-pocket costs concern you, or you don't have insurance, we accept payment through CareCredit®, a trusted third-party lender that breaks fees down into affordable, low-interest monthly payments.